Saturday, October 08, 2005
True Story
Guy I'm talking to: What did you do before going back to school?
Me: I worked doing admin in various places: a school, hospitals, research labs.
G: Yeah, I did admin too - what lab did you work at?
M: [says name of lab]
G: Cool - I worked just down the street from you in another lab! I worked as a research assistant. We used to dip the mice's heads in liquid nitrogen and then smash them with hammers!
M: Oh my god.
G: Oh - heh heh - but it was, I mean a lot of good research went on there.
M: Was smashing mice heads part of the research?
G: No.
M: It sounds like you and the mice didn't have a good working relationship.
G: No, I guess we didn't.
Me: I worked doing admin in various places: a school, hospitals, research labs.
G: Yeah, I did admin too - what lab did you work at?
M: [says name of lab]
G: Cool - I worked just down the street from you in another lab! I worked as a research assistant. We used to dip the mice's heads in liquid nitrogen and then smash them with hammers!
M: Oh my god.
G: Oh - heh heh - but it was, I mean a lot of good research went on there.
M: Was smashing mice heads part of the research?
G: No.
M: It sounds like you and the mice didn't have a good working relationship.
G: No, I guess we didn't.

